Friday, May 4, 2007

Why?

I've always had this drive to make money. It doesn't even have to be a lot of money, just enough to make whatever annoyance I have in my life go away. Obviously, Money doesn't fix everything; however, most will agree that it sure as hell makes it a little easier.

This view has caused me to push myself in pretty much everything I do in the realm of business. I wanted to be a manager, I became one. Then I wanted to be a programmer/Systems Engineer, so I became one. In just 8 Years, My salary went up 16 times the amount it was in 1999.

That brings me to now. I'm well paid and I really don't have much of a need for more money in terms of paying my bills. However, has I was planning for retirement one evening, I realized that I was not going to be able to live a retirement worthy lifestyle at the rate I'm going. I pissed so many years away prior to 1999 that I'm way behind on my investment planning.

This made me ask some crucial questions. How much do I need, and how do I get it? Being the tech/internet geek, I decided to search the net! Wow.. lots and lots of scams, but are they?

That's what this blog is about. I'm going to find out if they are scams. I'm a newbie to this game and I thought it would be fun to journal my journey. Why? If I'm successful, maybe readers can pull something from this and be successful themselves.

Also, one last note about motivation. I can't stand working for someone else. I want freedom to do what I want. I've always hated authority (which is why I use to be a long haired rocker).

So, here we go! Which me luck and lets hope we all learn something.

No comments: